St Michael’s School Time Line

1850s

Roman Catholic Malayalam Medium School had been working at Burnacherry

|

1862

Fr Martelli Managed to get Irish Christian Brothers to run the school

|

1865

Irish Christian Brothers started  English Education in the  newly constructed building  and the school started flourishing as an Anglo- Vernacular school.

|

1887

Christian brothers left Cannanore and Jesuits took over the management of the school

|

1907

The school was elevated into a European Middle school

|

1936

The school was raised into European High School

|

1956

Fr Guilber M Colho, Superior and Manager, put up a building at the newly purchased land near military maidan. (  ie at the present site of St Michaels)

|

1956

Old Boys Association was formed

|

1973

A Jesuit Residence was built  near the school. (This building was demolished in 2003 and a new residence was put up in the same year.)

|

1974

The school came under ICSE system

|

1976

After negotiating with the State Govt the school opted to be partially under KER

|

1994

A mini stadium was constructed

|

1996

Construction of the present main block completed

|

1998

Construction of the Higher Secondary School building completed

|

2000

Higher Secondary course started

|

2002

The statue of St Michael’s was erected

|

2003

New Jesuit house was built

|

2014

New Auditorium was completed

|

2014

Inauguration of the sesqui centennial  celebration

|

2017

A new basket ball court was constructed by OBA

 

previous arrow
next arrow
Slider