School General Rules
- 1. St .Michael’s being a school of young gentlemen, any breach of courtesy is a violation of school discipline.
- 2. Students are answerable to the authorities for their conduct both in and out of school.
- 3. Catholic students must attend the religious service and instructions arranged for them. Students not attending religious knowledge classes must attend a course in moral science, treating fundamental duties to God, to their neighbours and to themselves.
- 4. No student may bring to school or have in his keeping any book (other than prescribed for class or taken from the school library), periodicals, CDs or comics, without the Principal’s permission.
- 5. A Student found bullying, cheating in examinations or indulging in vulgar speech or conduct is liable to expulsion.
- 6. When a teacher enters or leaves the class room all pupils must stand. It is the teacher and not the bell that terminates the preiods.
- 7. Every student is responsible for the safe keeping of his own belonging; the school will not accept any responsibility for their loss.
- 8. Any exchange of articles or money transaction between students is forbidden.
- 9. Students are strictly forbidden to bring mobile phones.
- 10. All must be on time for the class and other school exercises. One, who is late or was absent the previous day, must get his diary signed by the Vice-Principal.
- 11. If at the start of the class no teacher has arrived, class leader should see that order and silence is maintained . If after three minutes the teacher has not arrived, the leader should send his assistant to inform the Principal.
- 12. Going from one class to another between periods should be done in silence.
- 13. All should respect and take pride in the school property as their own and avoid defacing walls, damaging furniture and littering the class rooms and the campus. Waste materials should be dropped only in the waste basket. Damages will have to be made good.
- 14. Students should not bring lunch in plantain leaves, aluminium foils etc.It should be brought only in tiffin boxes.
- 15. For entries in report cards and diaries intended for parents, as well as notice to parents a student must obtain his parent’s or guardian’s acknowledgement by signature within three days.
- 16. Outside the second language classes, English must be spoken in the school campus.
- 17. The wearing of the school uniform is obligatory under penalty of exclusion from the class.
- 18. The school shall not be held responsible in any way for any illness, injury, accident or mishap to students.
- 19. Students should not wear fashionable dress like low waist pants, jeans, tight shirts, T-shirts etc
- 20. All the students should groom their hair properly and the grown ups should get their beard shaved.
- For Stds.1 to 10 : Plain white shirts with half sleeves, plain black shorts for Stds. 1 to 4 and plain black long trousers for Stds. 5 to 10 , school
belt and foot wear.
- For plus two : Light phone shirt with half sleeves, plain black long trousers, school belt and foot wear.
- Wednesday : House Uniform
- School Hours
- From 9.00 am to 9.20 am (Morning Study)
- 9.30 am to 12.30 pm (Morning Session)
- 1.20 pm to 3.30 pm/ 4.15pm for Plus two (Afternoon Session)
- (on Friday 1.50p.m To 3.55 pm)
- Office Hours
- From 10.00 am to 5.00 pm
- No school business will be transacted on holidays or out of school hours.